Fwd: avdec_h264 can't decide on src caps

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at collabora.com
Fri Oct 30 08:02:29 PDT 2015

Le vendredi 30 octobre 2015 à 11:15 +0000, Klaas Jan Russcher a écrit :
> Is there anybody who can tell me what the difference is between
> memcpy and gst_buffer_extract? To my knowledge they do exactly the
> same, but apparently gst_buffer_extract does something
> different/extra.

GstBuffer is an object, and gst_buffer_extract() is a method of that
object. Your code, assumes that GstBuffer is some data pointer, which
is not. In GStreamer, data is stored in GstMemory (1 or more), which is
stored in GstBuffer object. To access the data, you need to your
appropriate methods.

Nicolas