iMX6 hardware decode issue on Android

Eric-BTG eric.chaloin at bt-ground.com
Fri Sep 4 07:44:31 PDT 2015

Hi,

Interresting stuff !! :) Thanks for your interrest.

I did explore eglvivsink possibility but facing problems when linking it to
android egl vivante. I can't use it as it because I have no framebuffer on
my android platform.

I get EGL/eglvivante.h header from
https://github.com/rogeriorps/gpu-samples-mx6/blob/master/lesson05/include/EGL/eglvivante.h

I'm able to build libgstimxeglvivsink.a with it setting egl platform to fb
but can't link it further.

Fb and gl symbols are missing:

../src/eglvivsink/gles2_renderer.c:725: error: undefined reference to
'glTexDirectVIVMap'
../src/eglvivsink/gles2_renderer.c:740: error: undefined reference to
'glTexDirectVIV'
../src/eglvivsink/gles2_renderer.c:772: error: undefined reference to
'glTexDirectInvalidateVIV'
../src/eglvivsink/egl_platform_fb.c:67: error: undefined reference to
'fbGetDisplayByIndex'
../src/eglvivsink/egl_platform_fb.c:148: error: undefined reference to
'fbCreateWindow'
../src/eglvivsink/egl_platform_fb.c:150: error: undefined reference to
'fbGetWindowGeometry'
../src/eglvivsink/egl_platform_fb.c:188: error: undefined reference to
'fbDestroyWindow'

I will have to link against freescale .so android egl lib. Writing fb
functions to create/destroy/get geometry of android native window does not
seems to be a big issue.

I think this is a good canditate to solve my CPU copies issue. Its looks
easyer than implementing zero copy in glimagesink.

I will look deeper to use imxeglvivsink and write android missing glue.

Thanks!

Eric