How can I send each xvimagesink into a separate DrawingArea?

Tim Müller tim at centricular.com
Sun Sep 13 09:20:34 PDT 2015

On Sun, 2015-09-13 at 08:46 -0700, Giacomo D wrote:
> Thanks Sebastian!
>
> First of all, I don't know how to debug that metod because I put a
> breakpoint but it doesn't work.
> There is an example to do:
>
> "Depending on which video sink is posting the message, you would set the
> XID of the corresponding drawing area on the sink"

Something else: it's best to realize your widgets/gdk window and then
retrieve the XID for it in your main GTK+ thread. Then just set it on
your xvimagesinks via gst_video_overlay_set_window_handle() from your
main Gtk+ thread, before starting the pipeline. Then you don't need all
this prepare-window-handle sync message business, nor
Gdk.threads_enter()/leave() which are best avoided.

Cheers
 -Tim

Join us at the GStreamer Conference: 8-9 October 2015 in Dublin, Ireland