How can I send each xvimagesink into a separate DrawingArea?

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Sun Sep 13 09:37:41 PDT 2015

On So, 2015-09-13 at 08:46 -0700, Giacomo D wrote:
> Thanks Sebastian!
>
> First of all, I don't know how to debug that metod because I put a
> breakpoint but it doesn't work.
> There is an example to do:

I'm not aware of any example. If you can share some code that runs and
shows the problem you're seeing, someone can maybe take a look.

But you really just have to make sure that you have on drawing area per
video sink, and only set the XID of the corresponding drawing area on
the video sink it is meant to be set on.

Also if you're using GTK, note that there's a gtksink and gtkglsink in
gst-plugins-bad 1.5.90 and newer now. This provides you directly with a
video sink plus widget and you don't have to connect them together
manually anymore.