How can I send each xvimagesink into a separate DrawingArea?

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Sun Sep 13 11:16:50 PDT 2015

On So, 2015-09-13 at 10:51 -0700, Giacomo D wrote:
> Thanks very much Sebastian and Tim!
>
> I solved my problem so, like Tim told me:
>  [...]
> It works very well!

That's good to hear :)

> Sebastian, unfortunately I have Gstreamer 1.2.3 installed on my
> Ubuntu 14.04 and in the future I would like to move to the latest
> version of Gstreamer, but I am not sure on how to do it...I am new to
> everything! :(

The easiest solution would be to upgrade your Ubuntu to 15.04 or even
better the latest development version (what will become 15.10). Then
you get the latest stable GStreamer release (or the latest development
release).

Alternatively you can build it from source, but how to do that best on
your system depends a lot on what your goals with that are. Also, why
do you think you need the very latest version?