using gl context of external app

Matthew Waters ystreet00 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 04:04:57 PDT 2015

On 14/09/15 20:41, Andres Colubri wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Thanks for the info. The combination of calls:
>
> GstGLDisplay* display = gst_gl_display_new();
> guintptr context =
> gst_gl_context_get_current_gl_context(GST_GL_HAVE_PLATFORM_CGL);
> GstGLContext* gstcontext =
> gst_gl_context_new_wrapped(display, context,
> GST_GL_HAVE_PLATFORM_CGL, GST_GL_API_OPENGL);

Shouldn't this be?
s/GST_GL_HAVE_PLATFORM_CGL/GST_GL_PLATFORM_CGL/

> in the bus callback seems like the solution I have been looking for,
> at least on OS X. However, gst_gl_context_get_current_gl_context
> always returns 0, so theres is a problem a problem. Maybe the bus
> callback  is called when the GL context is not current in the calling
> thread.

The gst_gl_context_get_current* family of functions require that the
external context be current in the calling thread for them to work.  The
synchronous bus callback is called from a GStreamer element streaming
thread which is not the main thread.

Cheers
-Matt