Recommendation for a GStreamer based playout application.

Peter Maersk-Moller pmaersk at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 14:51:46 PDT 2015

Hi.

I have a need for a (preferably) GStreamer based playout application that
can stream remotely to a larger live video mixer and playout production
system and offer a local playback and offer seeking through a graphical
slider/scale. Ideally it should:

   1. play a media file (video and audio) and display it locally
   2. stream the file preferably without transcoding as an TS in RTP over
   UDP
   3. offer local seeking through a graphical slider.
   4. preferably running on both Linux and Mac

Does anyone know of a GStreamer based application that can do this?

I tried VLC's streaming wizard, but the result is poor ... many blocks ...
poor sync, local playback freezes when going back in time and takes longer
non-deterministic ime to resync. So if you know of a GStreamer based
solution, please drop a note.

Of course developing a solution from ground up is possible too, but I would
be surprised if there doesn't exist good solutions already.

Best regards
Peter MM