How to set quality(programmatically) on a GstEncodingProfile?

waldemar valdemar at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 14:23:10 PDT 2015

Hi guys!

I'm using a GstEncodingProfile to save an mp4 video. I'm creating the
profile programmatically (to give it to a GES Pipeline). The file has the
right encoding for audio and video, but I still cannot set the quality
(speed-preset?) to have a smaller file size cuz the one I'm getting is
huuge.

Here's the code I'm using to create the encoding profile:
        // MPEG-4 audio h264 in mp4
        // video/quicktime,variant=iso:video/x-h264:audio/mpeg,mpegversion=4
        LOG_DEBUG("Setting encoding to
video/quicktime,variant=iso:video/x-h264:audio/mpeg,mpegversion=4",
            LOGGER_PIPELINE);
        container = gst_encoding_container_profile_new ("mp4", NULL,
            gst_caps_new_simple ("video/quicktime", "variant",
G_TYPE_STRING, "iso",
            NULL), NULL);

        gst_encoding_container_profile_add_profile (container,
(GstEncodingProfile *)
            gst_encoding_video_profile_new (gst_caps_new_empty_simple
                ("video/x-h264"), NULL, NULL, 1));
        gst_encoding_container_profile_add_profile (container,
(GstEncodingProfile *)
            gst_encoding_video_profile_new (gst_caps_new_simple
("video/x-h264",
                "base-profile", G_TYPE_STRING, "lc", NULL), NULL, NULL, 1));
        gst_encoding_container_profile_add_profile (container,
(GstEncodingProfile *)
            gst_encoding_audio_profile_new (gst_caps_new_simple
("audio/mpeg",
                "mpegversion", G_TYPE_INT, 4, NULL), NULL, NULL, 1));

Thank you guys!