Method not available in RTSPMediaFactory

Adam Langley linux at irisdesign.co.nz
Wed Sep 16 19:01:16 PDT 2015

I am using Gstreamer RTSPMediaFactory (libgstrtspserver 1.0) v 1.2.3-0.
>From Python, I have derived from the MediaFactory, and overridden
create_element. Unfortunately, my create_element is never called, so the
RtspServer complains no launch line specified.

I printed out all the methods declared in the super instance, and got this:

['set_buffer_size', 'set_suspend_mode', 'set_protocols', 'construct',
'get_suspend_mode', 'get_launch', 'set_launch', 'is_eos_shutdown',
'get_permissions', 'get_address_pool', 'set_shared', 'is_shared',
'set_address_pool', 'get_protocols', 'get_buffer_size', 'set_permissions',
'set_eos_shutdown']
No create_element!

No wonder, my implementation is never being called... but why is there no
create_element function?