stop pipeline into a callback funtion.

Tim Müller tim at centricular.com
Thu Sep 17 02:28:27 PDT 2015

On Thu, 2015-09-17 at 10:57 +0200, Alejandro Vázquez wrote:

Hi Alejandro,

> No need to shut down the pipeline but there is there any way to pause
> or stop the dataflow immediately from the callback ?
>
> I am trying to detect a situation that triggers a bug in a videosink.
> When I detect this I must make sure that the dataflow is stopped
> immediately so that the bug is not triggered.

What bug is that?

A blocking pad probe would allow for this. Your callback will be called
when the next buffer/event/query/whatever (up to you) flows through the
pad, and then you can block it (and later unblock it if you wish).

Cheers
 -Tim

Join us at the GStreamer Conference: 8-9 October 2015 in Dublin, Ireland