stop pipeline into a callback funtion.

Guillermo Rodriguez Garcia guille.rodriguez at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 02:32:06 PDT 2015

Hi Tim,

> On Thu, 2015-09-17 at 10:57 +0200, Alejandro Vázquez wrote:
>
> Hi Alejandro,
>
>> No need to shut down the pipeline but there is there any way to pause
>> or stop the dataflow immediately from the callback ?
>>
>> I am trying to detect a situation that triggers a bug in a videosink.
>> When I detect this I must make sure that the dataflow is stopped
>> immediately so that the bug is not triggered.
>
> What bug is that?

I think this is the same issue I mentioned a few days ago (I am in
touch with Alejandro about that topic). Basically it is xvimagesink
crashing when the resolution of the video stream is changed on the fly
after the initial negotiation. But this seems to be hardware-dependent
(can't reproduce it on a desktop PC). I suspect a bug in the video
drivers.

Guillermo