Extract image from live source and save to file

Julio Franco jeloguin at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 02:38:42 PDT 2015

Hi Guys.

I have a pipeline to receivelive video source like this:

gst-launch-1.0 udpsrc port=9000 caps="application/x-rtp, media=video,
clock-rate=(int)90000, encoding-name=H264" ! rtph264depay ! avdec_h264 !
videorate ! autovideosink

It works ok, but now I need , at one point ( not always ) to extract one
image ( png ) from the live source and save it to file. What is the best
way to do that ?. May I need to create a tee with an appsrc and work with
the buffer ?

Can anyone guide me in this process ?

Thanks !!

Regards !