Setting bitrate on Andorid AVC encoding no effect?

Carl Kovamees ckovamees at novetta.com
Tue Sep 29 14:41:27 PDT 2015

I can't get the bitrate of the Android GstAmcVideoEnc-OmxQcomVideoEncoderAvc
to change.

On Android I'm feeding an appsrc that uses encodebin and sending unicast
MPEG-TS. It works great.

I'm using GstEncodingProfile for the MPEG-TS/H264 profile setup,
GstAmcVideoEnc-OmxQcomVideoEncoderAvc and MpegTsMux are part of the
encodebin. See attached graph/dot-file.

Clearly the GstCaps filter after the AVC Encoder has the bitrate setting
(1000000), but I always get the default value of 2097152 [bit/sec].

pipeline_run.dot
<http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/file/n4673877/pipeline_run.dot>

I've tried some other parameters too, max-bitrate etc, but the content
bitrate never changes. Any ideas?

Thanks,

/Carl