Setting bitrate on Andorid AVC encoding no effect?

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at collabora.com
Tue Sep 29 15:09:03 PDT 2015

Le mardi 29 septembre 2015 à 14:41 -0700, Carl Kovamees a écrit :
> Clearly the GstCaps filter after the AVC Encoder has the bitrate
> setting
> (1000000), but I always get the default value of 2097152 [bit/sec].
>
> pipeline_run.dot
> <http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/file/n4673877/pipeline_r
> un.dot> ;
>
> I've tried some other parameters too, max-bitrate etc, but the
> content
> bitrate never changes. Any ideas?

"bitrate" is not a valid field to put in the caps. This cause your pipe
line to fail negotiation (which is visible as most caps are not fixed).
Remove that field from your caps field, and set the "bitrate" property
on your encoder element, which property name may vary, and unit may
vary too. Read the encoder documentation to find out.

Nicolas