tcpclientlink not linked

Tim Müller tim at centricular.com
Mon Apr 4 08:47:21 UTC 2016

On Sat, 2016-04-02 at 23:20 -0700, RAJensen wrote:

Hi,

Case:
> I have one Gst-pipeline running with a tcpserversink to a
> tcpclientsrc
> running from command-line and it will work with this launch-cmd:
> gst-launch-1.0 tcpclientsrc ! host=192.168.0.16 port=9001 ! gdpdepay
> !
> rtph264depay ! h264parse ! decodebin ! videoconvert ! autovideosink
>
> Video caps are being set at serverside.
>
> I have then tried to make that lanch into a Python-script.
>
> But for some reason that i can't figure out, when the script is
> executet
> i'll get Gst-masssage:
> /GstPipeline:player/GstTCPClientSrc:tcpclientsrc_1:
> streaming task paused, reason not-linked (-1)

The problem is that decodebin does not have any source pads yet when
the pipeline is built, so this

  self.decodebin_1.link(self.videoconvert_1)

will fail (check return value), and you also don't link it later in
response to the "pad-added" signal.

The easiest way for now might be to just hard-code an H264 decoder such
as avdec_h264.

Alternatively, connect to the "pad-added" signal and link in the
callback when it gets called (see 'dynamic pads' section in docs).

Cheers
 -Tim