combining two gstreamer pipelines

xargon daga_pankaj at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 11 05:46:17 UTC 2016

I am very new to gstreamer and been playing with it the last few days. I have
created 2 gstreamer pipelines. One displays a scaled live video captured
from camera on the screen and the other takes the video in its original
format and saves it to a file on the disk after encoding it with the H264
format. The two pipelines are as follows:

# Capture and display scaled camera feed
gst-launch-1.0 -v autovideosrc ! videoscale ! video/x-raw,
width=480,height=270 ! xvimagesink -e --gst-debug-level=3 sync=false

# Save the camera feed in its original format to disk
gst-launch-1.0 -v autovideosrc ! omxh264enc ! 'video/x-h264,
stream-format=(string)byte-stream' ! h264parse ! qtmux ! filesink
location=test.mp4 -e

These two pipelines work by themselves and I was wondering how i could
combine them into one i.e. show the scaled video on the screen AND record
the video in its original format to a file?