Does mp4mux really support opus ?

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Wed Apr 13 07:37:40 UTC 2016

On Mo, 2016-04-11 at 18:43 -0700, jarvis0911 wrote:
> Hi gstreamer developers,
>
> I'm using mp4mux to save an opus audio stream (48kHz, 2 channels) to
> filesink.
> During my test, although the filesize did increase, no media player can open
> and play it.
>
> If I just change the mux element to matroska, everything goes fine so that
> I'm not sure whether mp4mux really supports this format or not.
> Or maybe I need to setup additional properties instead of just relying on
> caps ?
>
> Please kindly let me know if you have any suggestions.

If you use gst-launch-1.0, use the -e switch on it. Otherwise the muxer
has no chance to finalize the file when you shut down the application.
In the case of MP4 you will get a broken file, in the case of Matroska
it is only missing some metadata like the duration.

In your own application you would need to ensure to send an EOS event
to the pipeline and only shut it down once you get an EOS message back
from it.