One frame per minute. How?

Tim Müller tim at centricular.com
Fri Apr 15 07:45:47 UTC 2016

On Thu, 2016-04-14 at 17:32 -0700, junxu94 wrote:

Hi,

> gst-inspect-1.0 videorate showed Pad Templates Capability include
> Video/x-raw
> for both sink and src.  For gstreamer programming, I guess it is the
> PadTemplateCapability need to be configured for "framerate", right?

The framerate is usually only indicative in GStreamer, what really
matters is the timestamps and the segment event.

If you get one frame per second (did you mean minute or second?) that
usually indicates that something is wrong with the latency
configuration of the pipeline (e.g. some element doesn't report its
latency or drops the latency query), and frames are arriving too late
at the sink. It could also be that the system is just not fast enough.

Try if it works with sync=false set on the videosink.

Cheers
 -Tim