One frame per minute. How?

Tim Müller tim at centricular.com
Fri Apr 15 08:05:13 UTC 2016

On Fri, 2016-04-15 at 08:45 +0100, Tim Müller wrote:

Following up to myself - I seem to have missed some context because it
never made it to the mailing list:

> Hi, Tim, I am in the same position as to need to get image every
> minute and saw your very helpful post. I tried the command line and
> verified it is working. But how to convert this command line to
> gstreamer program? Specifically don't "video/x-raw,framerate=25/1"
> belong to some gstreamer element? What is the element to carry this
> attributes? Hope you can still read this message even though the
> original thread was more than 2 years old. Thanks, Jun

The .. ! video/x-raw,framerate=25/1 ! ...  bit is a shortcut notation
for a capsfilter element. In an application you can do

 capsfilter = gst_element_factory_make ("capsfilter", NULL);
 caps = gst_caps_new_from_string ("video/x-raw, framerate=25/1");
 g_object_set (capsfilter, "caps", caps, NULL);
 gst_caps_unref (caps);

One frame per minute would be framerate=1/60 I suppose.

 Cheers
  -Tim