appsink python memory leak?? unref call on sample? FIXED??

Arjen Veenhuizen arjen.veenhuizen at tno.nl
Mon Apr 18 05:27:30 UTC 2016

Wow, it does make sense but I never realized that this is the expected
behavior. So one really has to pull all messages from the pipeline?

The gst_pipeline_set_auto_flush_bus docs [1] do indeed mention something
about potential memory leaks:

> It is important that all messages on the bus are handled when the
> automatic flushing is disabled else memory leaks will be introduced.

Doesn't this contradict your statement Tim? i interpret this as that
messages are gracefully handled without any leakage when auto-flush-bus is
set to TRUE (the default value).

[1]
https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gstreamer/html/GstPipeline.html#gst_pipeline_set_auto_flush_bus