Bin missing basically everything

Edgar Thier edgar.thier at theimagingsource.com
Thu Apr 21 04:39:56 UTC 2016

I tried that multiple times with different names but sadly without success.
I removed the cache with
     rm ~/.cache/gstreamer-1.0/registry.x86_64.bin
to be sure that no old information is used.

When now issuing
     gst-inspect-1.0 ~/work/project/build/src/gstreamer-1.0/libgsttcambin.so
I get:

(gst-plugin-scanner:3814): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: cannot register existing type 'ClutterGstVideoSink'

(gst-plugin-scanner:3814): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_type_add_interface_static: assertion
'G_TYPE_IS_INSTANTIATABLE (instance_type)' failed

(gst-plugin-scanner:3814): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_once_init_leave: assertion 'result != 0' failed

(gst-plugin-scanner:3814): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_element_register: assertion 'g_type_is_a
(type, GST_TYPE_ELEMENT)' failed
Plugin Details:
   Name                     tcambla
   Description              Tcam Video Bin
   Filename                 /home/XXXX/work/project/build/src/gstreamer-1.0/libgsttcambin.so
   Version                  1.0.0
   License                  Proprietary
   Source module            tcam
   Binary package           tcambin
   Origin URL               url

   tcamsrc: Tcam Video Bin

   1 features:
   +-- 1 elements

I think there is something else going on, although I am not sure if those warnings really come from
my plugin. All other plugins come from the debian testing repositories (current version 1.8.0-1+b1).

I will continue searching. If someone sees a fault, please say tell me.

Edgar