Bin missing basically everything

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 12:51:28 UTC 2016

Le mercredi 20 avril 2016 à 10:43 +0200, Edgar Thier a écrit :
> Sorry, I am not quite sure what you mean.
>
>  From my current understanding I have a plugin defining one element.
> I was under the assumption that a plugin is basically a shared object
> definition for an element and
> nothing more.

In GStreamer, a plugin represent a shared object. Each plugin can
contain one of more features. An element, is a feature.

> Since I am kind of lost:
>
> What do I need to change?
> I tried using other names in the plugin_init and GST_PLUGIN_DEFINE
> but there seems to be something I
> am consistently overlooking...

Just make sure that you plugin name (third parameter of
GST_PLUGIN_DEFINE and by convention the shared object name) differ from
your feature name, that second parameter of gst_element_register()
call. After that, gst-inspect-1.0 will be able to give you the details
of both independently. The problem is that gst-inspect-1.0 uses that
same namespace for both plugins and features, it's not ideal, but it's
easy to workaround.

Nicolas