Restarting the pipeline after EOS / force stoping pipeline

Krutskikh Ivan stein.hak at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 03:52:38 UTC 2016

HI,

Maybe that's a novice question, but how can I recover my pipeline (set it
into Gst.State.READY and PLAYING) after it got a EOS event and was set into
Gst.State.NULL?

The only solution I found was to re-run the __init__ method of my class and
start a new pipeline with the same properties. But that consumes time and
results in lost video data in real time tasks.

Another question is how to force a pipeline into Gst.State.NULL? Simple
SetState throws exceptions on muxing elements, so only sending event EOS to
the pipeline works. Is this an expected behavior?

Thanks in advance!