Synchronised RTP Clients

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Mon Apr 25 06:24:53 UTC 2016

On Mo, 2016-04-25 at 13:19 +1000, Jonathan Thorpe wrote:

> I have clearly chosen a very complex project to get started with
> GStreamer on, but would be very grateful if someone could assist with
> helping establish pipelines (Client and Server) that will achieve
> this.

Take a look at my presentation from last year's GStreamer conference:
https://gstconf.ubicast.tv/videos/synchronised-multi-room-media-playback-and-distributed-live-media-processing-and-mixing-with-gstreamer/

Also these two example applications are basically doing exactly what
you want, just with the GStreamer netclock instead of PTP. But
exchanging that is a matter of changing a couple of lines.

https://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-rtsp-server/tree/examples/test-netclock.c
https://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-rtsp-server/tree/examples/test-netclock-client.c

The examples are using RTSP and gst-rtsp-server, but there's nothing
RTSP specific in how all this works. It's just for simplicity to make
it easier to exchange the SDP between sender and clients.