no element "vaapidecodebin"

Dilip Yadav yadav.dilip582 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 20 09:34:56 UTC 2016

Hello all. I am new to gstreamer.
I have installed the gstreamer  1.9.1 in uninstalled way in my home
directory.I am using Ubuntu 14.04.
To use gstreamer-vaapi, I had to install libva and intel-driver for
integrated HD graphics. Then I compiled gstreamer-vaapi 1.9.1 . It is
working somehow. And gst-inspect-1.0 recognizes the vaapi elements.

The command works though with some delay.
 "gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=/home/ct/test.mp4 ! qtdemux !
vaapidecodebin ! vaapipostproc width=640 ! vaapisink"

But the problem starts when I reboot the system.When I run the command it
says:
WARNING: erroneous pipeline: no element "vaapidecodebin"

I have tried following:
1.cd to gst/master directory and run the script "gst-uninstalled" .
  As far as I know this script sets the environment variables of gstreamer
plugins.But this doesn't help.
2.Again installling libva and intel-driver . Then recompiling
gstreamer-vaapi. This works again.

Will I need to do it every time I boot the machine? Please help.