Disabling audio and Video

DeepakRohan deepak027rohan077 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 04:50:27 UTC 2016

Hi,
      I am trying to remove audio and video elements after the audio and
video input selector elements respectively for audio and video disable. I
have a callback function every 200ms. In which after 6 seconds of playback I
add IDLE probe on the audio input-selector source pad. In the probe
callback, I remove audio elements after audio input-selector till alsasink.
Then add fakesink and link the same with the audio input selector's source
pad.

For audio playback, the video playback hangs after pushing few buffers to
the fakesink element(verified by using the "dump" property of the fakesink
element). Also the output playback position changes from 6sec to 36.5sec.
This output position varies as I change the max-size-time property of my
video queue element. Currently it's 30sec hence video playback position
jumps from 6s to 36.5s.

The same with video disable also.
I am setting the state of the audio and video elements to NULL and then
removing them from the bin. I may have re-usability issues later during
enabling them.

Can anyone tell me what are the steps that I need to follow so that I can
implement the disable and enable functionality correctly.

Thank You in Advance.