Decklink multi-channel audio source

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Tue Aug 30 06:31:16 UTC 2016

On Mon, 2016-08-29 at 21:03 +0000, John P Poet wrote:
> I noticed that support for 8 and 16 channel audio was added to
> decklinkaudiosink.  Are there any plans to support to
> decklinkaudiosrc as well?
>
> I came across https://bugzilla.gnome.org/attachment.cgi?id=274910&act
> ion=diff , but that is quite old.  I have not even tried to apply it.

It does not apply anymore and needs a major update.

Adding support for 8 and 16 channels is relatively simple and can be
done similar to what that patch does, however decklink does not provide
any information about the location/layout of channels and as such we
would have to handle it as unpositioned.

Do you want to update the patch?