Decklink multi-channel audio source

John P Poet jppoet at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 19:41:55 UTC 2016

On Tue, Aug 30, 2016 at 12:42 AM Sebastian Dröge <sebastian at centricular.com>
wrote:

> On Mon, 2016-08-29 at 21:03 +0000, John P Poet wrote:
> > I noticed that support for 8 and 16 channel audio was added to
> > decklinkaudiosink.  Are there any plans to support to
> > decklinkaudiosrc as well?
> >
> > I came across https://bugzilla.gnome.org/attachment.cgi?id=274910&act
> > ion=diff , but that is quite old.  I have not even tried to apply it.
>
> It does not apply anymore and needs a major update.
>
> Adding support for 8 and 16 channels is relatively simple and can be
> done similar to what that patch does, however decklink does not provide
> any information about the location/layout of channels and as such we
> would have to handle it as unpositioned.
>
> Do you want to update the patch?

I am willing to try.  I have hacked on other peoples code a little bit,
when necessary, but do not have a high degree of comfort when working on
GStreamer internals.

Is there some other src module I can use as an example?  Searching for
similar code, I see:

gst-plugins-bad/ext/flite/gstflitetestsrc.c
gst-plugins-base/gst/audioconvert/gstaudioconvert.c

Based on those two, I am guessing I need to create a "fixate" function.  I
need to understand how the caps are managed...

John