Is there a combined "appsink+appsrc" passthrough?

PeterT peter.j.torelli at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 21:12:45 UTC 2016

Hi there,

I'd like to call into my app from within the pipeline using the same
callbacks scheme provided by appsink/appsrc. Instead of creating two
pipelines (one that ends with appsink, and one that starts with appsrc), is
there one element that acts as a passthrough, combining a sink+src in the
same plugin yet exposing callbacks? I realize there are 1e6 ways of doing
things in GStreamer (e.g., I could probably use a pad probe, or listen to
the bus) but the omission of an appsinksrc or apppassthrough confuses me.

Thanks!
Peter