Meson build on raspberry pi?

Nirbheek Chauhan nirbheek.chauhan at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 23:37:02 UTC 2016

On Sun, Dec 4, 2016 at 3:54 AM, Stuart Axon <stuaxo2 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>   Is it possible to use meson on raspberry pi?   + If I try this will
> gstreamer build more quickly ?

Yes, you can build GStreamer using Meson on the Raspberry Pi. The
procedure is the same as on Linux. Besides the usual GStreamer
dependencies, you will need to install Python 3, Meson, and Ninja.
Then you can clone:

https://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-build/

and run ./setup which will give you further instructions. This should
be faster than Autotools.

> If this is possible I'm definitely interested, is there a seperate branch
> needed to try this ?

No, everything that you need to build on Linux is already merged into
gstreamer master (and the 1.10 release).

--
~Nirbheek Chauhan