Controlling the state of appsink pipeline depending on its RTSP appsrc clients

Mert Can Ergun mert.ergun at mikro-tasarim.com.tr
Sun Dec 4 10:52:20 UTC 2016

Playing with the system a little more I've some observations:
-For the first PLAY requests everything works as intended; second
appsrc(different mountpoint) client can connect without any problems.
-After one of the clients STOP or disconnect, reconnection process is always
problematic. Say 2nd(also 2nd mountpoint) client disconnected and tries to
connect again, it can't connect, but 1st stream goes on smoothly without any
problems.
-I changed the way sourcepipeline handles new appsrc clients. It changes
state to NULL and then back to PLAYING when a new client is added. This
seems to solve a client not being able to rejoin but this causes former
client to hang for a random amount of time (from 10 seconds up to 1 minute)
and this makes me think there's a problem with timing and latency.

The problem is I don't know what to do after this point.