Controlling the state of appsink pipeline depending on its RTSP appsrc clients

Mert Can Ergun mert.ergun at mikro-tasarim.com.tr
Wed Dec 7 10:52:56 UTC 2016

Another update!
My last information about 2nd case(where I set source pipeline's state to
NULL and then back to PLAYING) was wrong. First connected pipeline doesn't
wait for a random amount of time, it waits till source pipeline's running
time catches up with its old running time. So if 2nd client connects while
1st client had been playing for 25 seconds, first client drops buffers(not
100% sure about this) till timer is back to 0:25 then continues playing.
And I am thinking the same could be happening for the case in which I don't
set source pipeline to NULL. Second client waits for buffers with running
time 0 (or close to 0) and since this is never going to happen, it finally
gives up and disconnects.

I am still in need of workarounds or ideas.
I am going to try passing buffers instead of samples now and timestamp them
according to their destination appsrc.