gst-rtsp-server running a pipeline all the time

Chris Whittenburg whittenburg at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 07:58:29 PST 2016

I've been experimenting with gst-rtsp-server, and I'm wondering the best
way to create a pipeline which both records and streams.

It seems like I would just tee the h264 video, and send one branch to
rtph264pay and the other to my muxer and filesink.  But I want the
recording to start on launch, not when the first client connects to the
server.

Is there an easy way to make this happen, or do I need to go in and muck
with the server code?

My initial experiment was to try using gst_rtsp_media_set_suspend_mode to
none, in hopes of keeping the pipeline running as clients
connected/disconnected but that didn't seem to work as I expected.

-chris