gst-rtsp-server running a pipeline all the time

Kyle Pennington clowd81 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 05:56:16 PST 2016

I have been wondering the same thing honestly.  To work around this, I have
been launching a dummy client using gst-launch-1.0 with an rtspsrc block
when I want a recording to start.

To the best of my knowledge, there is no way to do this with the current
implementation of the RTSP server, since the pipeline only pushes data when
a client is connected.

This would be a very useful feature though.  An alternative solution might
be to have gst-launch performing the record, and piping the output also
into the RTSP server.  This sounds doable in theory, but I haven't delved
into things enough to figure out how feasible this setup is.