IMX Scaler / CSC m2m driver.

Florian Vaussard florian.vaussard at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 12:29:48 UTC 2016

Hello,

I am resurrecting this thread as I am also interested in using the mainline
kernel to play video on iMX6. Has the status somehow evolved? So far I was
able to use the hardware decoder with Linux 4.4 / gstreamer 1.6.1 but with
poor performances. By using Philipp's patches I am confident that I could
use the mem2mem CSC as well. But has someone been able to play 1920x1080
H264 smoothly on the HDMI or LVDS output?

The latest figure from Ian was 6.5FPS @ 1080p if I remember well. If this
figure is still the best that one can get nowadays using mainline tools,
where is the bottleneck compared to Freescale's BSP and is there any way one
can help?

In all cases, thank you all for the great work done, really appreciated.

Best regards,
Florian