Port streaming pipeline to gst-rtsp-server

Francesco Bruni brunifrancesco02 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 18:43:47 UTC 2016

Hi guys,
my task is serving a stream over rtp/rtsp after I processed it via a opencv
gstreamer plugin.

I'm trying to wrap this working sender side pipeline in the gst-rtsp-server
example code:

gst-launch-1.0 --gst-plugin-path=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gstreamer-1.0/
   filesrc location=sample.mp4    ! decodebin  name=mux mux.    !
queue    !  videoconvert ! edgedetect ! videoconvert ! x264enc !
rtph264pay ! udpsink host=127.0.0.1 port=5000  mux. ! queue !
audioconvert ! audioresample ! alawenc ! rtppcmapay ! udpsink
host=127.0.0.1 port=5001

Using a complementary pipeline at receiver side all the stuff work and I'm
able to send an opencv processed stream, getting it at the client side.
Something is wrong when I try to wrap part of this pipeline in the working
example provided along with the gst-rtsp-server. In fact, editing the
test-mp4.c and changing the filesrc input pipeline part to

"filesrc location=%s ! qtdemux name=d "
  "d. ! queue ! videoconvert ! edgedetect ! videoconvert ! x264enc !
rtph264pay pt=96 name=pay0 "
  "d. ! queue ! rtpmp4apay pt=97 name=pay1 " ")"

the sender doesn't work anymore. On the receiver side I got a 503 error
since the receiver is unable to get the sdp.

Could be this a iussue related to a missing linked bad plugin directory? I
set it in the main Makefile but the problem still persists.

Should I set it differently?
Maybe it's wrong but I just type a "make" command to compile all the
examples.
However if I use gcc with the pkg-config output, the file compiles but it
does not work.
Other suggestions?

Thanks,
cheers