Compositor + valve issues

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at collabora.com
Sat Feb 13 02:33:07 UTC 2016

Le vendredi 12 février 2016 à 06:18 -0800, mariannasb a écrit :
> v4l2src ! tee name=t1 ! queue ! valve drop=1 ! videocrop ! tee
> name=t2 !
> queue ! compositor name=comp ! ... ! udpsink t2. ! queue ! ... !
> comp.
>
> I open the valve and set it to PLAYING: all works fine.
> Then I close the valve (and dont change the pipeline state, I want to
> keep
> it playing): but the compositor keeps using the last 2 received
> buffers to
> output to the udpsink.
>
> Is that a bug?

No, compositor in live will use a timeout to produce frame. Apparently
it mixes with the last received frame of each pads. Seems the easiest
thing to do, as the mixer can handle mixing multiple video streams that
run at different framerate. If is expected that the frames from the
slowest stream may be used multiple time in the rendering.

What did you expect for you use case ? Could we improve this element to
cover your use case ?

cheers,
Nicolas