Copying extract from video file

Andy Robinson andy at seventhstring.com
Sat Feb 13 13:15:00 UTC 2016

On 13/02/16 02:38, Nicolas Dufresne wrote:
> Le vendredi 12 février 2016 à 16:42 +0000, Andy Robinson a écrit :
>> Hello, I want to copy a short extract from within a large video file
>> a new smaller video file (I'm not worrying about the audio for now).
>>
>> GST 1.2.4
>
> If you can afford a newer GStreamer, a simplier solution would be to
> use ges-launch-1.0 from gst-editing-services repository, or use PiTiVi
> (there is daily bundles you can download to avoid having to install,
> it's still in serious development).
>
> Nicolas
>
> PiTiVi Bundle at http://fundraiser.pitivi.org/download-bundles

Thanks for this - the thing is, it's not for me, it's for my users
(users of my application). So I'd like to avoid distributing, or telling
them to install, a whole other library just for this.

I'll take a look at it, but if anyone knows how to do it purely within
GStreamer then I'd be very grateful.

Incidentally the reason I'd like to be able to run on 1.2.4 is because
there is still quite a lot of 1.2.4 around, e.g. in the current LTS
version of Ubuntu (14.04).

Regards,
Andy Robinson, Seventh String Software, www.seventhstring.com