Running OpenGL pileline

Potoman lepotoman at msn.com
Wed Feb 17 15:33:31 UTC 2016

Hey Matthew,

I've read what you says and I have some question.

As you owe the doubt, I'm new at openGl and this framework. I've read lot ok
wiki page on opengl, shading langage and some other stuff about it.

My english is not very well so if I understand good what you says, set the
environment variable to "opengl" is a good things, right ?

First question : By default, what is the value took by gstreamer ?

To contiune, for my, as I work on my computer, I should use opengl api, not
gles2. For me, gles2 is used on embedded system. Second question : Am I
wrong ?

I'm asking you cause I have another trouble but I found a way to go through.

Actually, I want to create my own plugin gstreamer that used opengl. I want
to add some 3D overlay, etc...

To begin, I compile build and change the name of glfiltercube plugin.

I successfully compile, link and run it.

But, during the compilation, I have an error about symbole not define. This
symbole are : GLeglImageOES.
It's define in gst/gl/glprototypes/gstgl_compact.h

The code of this header is :

#ifndef __GST_GL_COMPAT_H__
#define __GST_GL_COMPAT_H__

#include <gst/gl/gstglconfig.h>

/* undefined typedefs */
#if !GST_GL_HAVE_GLEGLIMAGEOES
typedef gpointer GLeglImageOES;
#endif

So for the compilator, GST_GL_HAVE_GLEGLIMAGEOES is set to true.

But another header need eglimage.h and into it the code is :

GST_GL_EXT_BEGIN (EGL_image,
                GST_GL_API_NONE,
                255, 255,
                255, 255, /* not in either GLES */
                "OES\0",
                "EGL_image\0")
GST_GL_EXT_FUNCTION (void, EGLImageTargetTexture2D,
                     (GLenum           target,
                      GLeglImageOES    image))
GST_GL_EXT_FUNCTION (void, EGLImageTargetRenderbufferStorage,
                     (GLenum           target,
                      GLeglImageOES    image))
GST_GL_EXT_END ()

So to finish my compilation, I should comment gstgl_compact.h like :

#ifndef __GST_GL_COMPAT_H__
#define __GST_GL_COMPAT_H__

#include <gst/gl/gstglconfig.h>

/* undefined typedefs */
//#if !GST_GL_HAVE_GLEGLIMAGEOES
typedef gpointer GLeglImageOES;
//#endif

I don't understand why if I have GLEGLIMAGEOES, gstreamer not define
GLeglImageOES ?

In second part, as I set GST_GL_API to opengl, I not used gles2 api. Are
there a link between GLES2 and GLeglImageOES ? For me yes.

So I don't understand we my compilation need this kind of object. Third
question : Can you enlighten this thing to me ?

But plugin work as well otherwise :)

Thanks