Help for writing a hw codec plugin

Jung Zhao coog009 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 06:29:53 UTC 2016

Hi all,
Sorry for responding late.
I have port hw codec driver to ffmpeg. You can find them in this url:

        https://github.com/rockchip-linux/ffmpeg

Now I try to use gst-ffmpeg plugin to port this ffmpeg version to gstreamer.
One serious question is that I can return dma_fd or decoded data. dma_fd
is a descriptor which linked to a buffer allocated by libdrm, this is
very efficient
but less universality. decoded data is in low efficient and fps may
lower than 60,
but this way is more universality and many software can use the plugin directly
without any modifications. Is there any suggestion about balance the efficient
and universality?

> A couple of days back I just wrote a encoder plugin to fit with my hardware
> encoder. Let me know your use case, I can help you on this as much as
> possible.
>
> P.S. :- my encoder plugin wasn't not possible if this gstreamer guyz didn't
> help me thought all my queries.
>

> --

Best Regards,
Jung