Gstreamer on Android. Issue with the dependent library

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Fri Feb 19 07:13:18 UTC 2016

On Do, 2016-02-18 at 21:01 -0800, doon wrote:

> > •How can I change path of the libgstreamer_android.so library (on which my
> > first library will depend) in the Android Studio or just in the .mk
> > files(on the .so building stage)?
>
> Ok, I rebuilt somehow these libraries and now libtutorial-5.so can find
> libgstreamer_android.so(maybe some kind of magic). But now I am able to use
> in the Xamarin.Android project only three functions:

Why do you want to use tutorial 5 from Xamarin, instead of using
GStreamer directly? Or writing your own C glue for the GStreamer
backend and then calling that from Xamarin?

> gst_native_set_position(), gst_native_set_uri(), and JNI_OnLoad(), but of
> course Java code in this example able to use ANY function from this array:

You have to make them non-static but that's going to be not very
useful. This code is meant to be called from JNI, what you want is
something that is called from C# or some other CLI language.