Can videorate be used to slow down a slide show? Or if not, other options?

gstgerry gstgerry at mailcatch.com
Sat Feb 20 13:49:54 UTC 2016

I should also mention that I eventually worked out my answer.

The solution was to insert a capsfilter that included a fractional
framerate, like /framerate=1/3/.  It was not easy to find, because
"gst-inspect-1.0 capsfilter" does not give the syntax (which differs with
different versions), and it's apparently a rare need to have a frame rate
lower than 1, so examples are hard to find as well.  I also didn't realize
that the right hand side was a fraction, as opposed to two different
slash-separated tokens.