Androids have an annoying mirror effect on gst streams, which "mirror" cannot correct.

gstgerry gstgerry at mailcatch.com
Sun Feb 21 18:38:13 UTC 2016

The "unimplemented ..." message you see is probably irrelevant, because I'm
seeing the same mirroring effect when streaming an image to an android
emulator.  That is, if I run this bash command:

  $ *gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=<(convert logo: png:-) ! pngdec !
imagefreeze ! videoconvert ! v4l2sink device=/dev/video0*

and then use vlc to view it, the text is correct.  If I exit vlc and run the
stock android emulator, e.g.

  $ *./android-sdk-linux/tools/emulator64-x86 -avd demo*

then the camera on the virtual phone renders a *mirror* artifact of the
image.  I would need to hold a mirror up to the image to correctly see the
text on the ImageMagick logo.  I found the /mirror/ tool and got excited,
but it turns out it won't fix the problem.  The /mirror/ tool is purely a
special effect for splitting an image into two, and showing both the mirror
and original images.  It will not strictly mirror an image, which is
unfortunate.