Early EOS in multifilesrc pipeline

Tim Müller tim at centricular.com
Mon Feb 29 19:40:56 UTC 2016

On Mon, 2016-02-29 at 20:36 +0300, Alex Bolotin wrote:

Hi Alex,

> I have such pipeline - gst-launch-1.0 multifilesrc location=%d.mp4
> index=1 ! qtdemux name=demux ! queue ! h264parse ! flvmux
> streamable=true name=mux ! fakesink demux. ! queue ! aacparse ! mux.
>
> In running folder I have like 15 video chunks. But the pipeline plays
> only 1st piece. I tried to get rid of some elements in this pipeline
> so I ended up with  - gst-launch-1.0 multifilesrc location=%d.mp4
> index=1 ! qtdemux ! fakesink. Which has the same issue as the 1st
> pipeline has.
>
> If I remove qtdemux, then it goes fine - plays everything.
>
> I've tried the pipeline with tsdemux - and it works just fine.

MPEG-TS is a streaming format, things work slightly differently with
that.

The mp4 demuxer will only process one MP4 file, that's expected
behaviour.

If the files are identical in terms of how they were created (e.g.
because they were created by splitmuxsink), you might be able to use
splitmuxsrc to concatenate the pieces.

Cheers
 -Tim