How to choose a correct version of gstreamer as a new bee

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Wed Jan 6 00:35:44 PST 2016

On Mi, 2016-01-06 at 00:07 -0800, Ugly Face wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
>       I am a newbee and I want to build a android  app with
> gstreamer. I do not know which version of gstreamer may be better for
> me. More docs or more people working on it is preferred.

The latest stable release would be best, you can get it from here:
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/pkg/android/1.6.1/

Don't use 0.10 for any new software as it's completely outdated
nowadays and no longer maintained. It won't even work well on newer
Android versions.

If you find docs for 0.10, almost everything in there also applies to
1.x. From an application point of view most things stayed the same
except for some minor renaming of functions.