How to choose a correct version of gstreamer as a new bee

Reynaldo H. Verdejo Pinochet reynaldo at osg.samsung.com
Wed Jan 6 11:02:56 PST 2016

Hi

On 01/06/2016 12:07 AM, Ugly Face wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
>       I am a newbee and I want to build a android  app with gstreamer. I do
> not know which version of gstreamer may be better for me. More docs or more
> people working on it is preferred.

The latest stable :) although working straight from git would
make it easier for you to report problems and/or get help on
IRC or the mailing list.

If you are just starting, you might find this basic tutorial
useful:
http://blogs.s-osg.org/kickstart-gstreamer-android-development-6-easy-steps/

And for a great next step, make sure you try slomo's gst-launch-remote:
https://coaxion.net/blog/2014/10/gstreamer-remote-controlled-testing-application-for-android-ios-and-more/

Best of luck!

--
Reynaldo H. Verdejo Pinochet