did the gst-rtsp-server support FF and RW?

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Fri Jan 8 04:44:04 PST 2016

On Fr, 2016-01-08 at 08:23 +0100, Patrick wrote:
> seek and FF/RW are different things.

Rate changes are done with SEEK events in GStreamer.

> I have not seen this feature in gst-rtsp-server.
> I know that this feature is very hard to implement.
> but i remember that anybody was working on it.

It could in theory work in gst-rtsp-server at this point, but will send
all frames (not only I-frames) and basically cause a lot of load on the
network. If that does not work yet, making that work shouldn't be that
much effort.

Did you try if it works? Does it work? If not, how does it fail? :)