IP Camera live stream to HLS

pzymen simon.nilsson at videocent.com
Fri Jan 15 07:02:19 PST 2016

An update to my previous post. I have put audio support on hold for now. I
was able to get the video to output with the correct fps with the
fpsdisplaysink using the following pipeline.

appsrc > h264parse > avdec_h264 > fpsdisplaysink

The reason hlssink did not produce any files was an error on my part. The
problem I have now is that I don't want to decode the h264 video, I just
want to pass it along to mpegtsmux. Like the pipeline below.

appsrc > h264parse > mpegtsmux > hlssink

When I run a pipeline like above the resulting hls-stream plays the segments
very fast and the stream is then stuck waiting for new segments. Its like
the timing information is not sent along to the muxer.