Using GstVideoOverlay on Mac

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Fri Jan 15 13:51:00 PST 2016

On Do, 2016-01-14 at 11:24 +0000, Andy Robinson wrote:
> On 13/01/16 20:34, Sebastian Dröge wrote:
> > It was definitely working a longer time ago but I wouldn't be
> > surprised
> > if nobody is using the GstVideoOverlay interface on OSX nowadays as
> > there are better ways for native OSX applications now.
>
> I would be very grateful if you would tell me what these better ways
> are.
>
> All I want to do is use GStreamer to display video in the right place
> within a window on Mac OSX - surely this is a very normal thing to
> do?

I just noticed that we also have a Cocoa example using GstVideoOverlay:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-plugins-bad/tree/tests/examples/gl/cocoa

Try if this one works for you and let us know!

There's also this example:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-plugins-bad/tree/tests/examples/avsamplesink

The CoreAnimation sink would be used the same way, you can find it
in the "opengl" plugin as caopengllayersink.