RTP and RTSP for playback and seeking via network

doon don-prog at mail.ru
Sat Jan 16 18:28:07 PST 2016

Sebastian Dröge-3 wrote
> On So, 2016-01-03 at 18:55 -0800, doon wrote:
>> Yes, it should work over the Internet. I don't know exactly how many
>> users will watch one video, but the main idea that it's application
>> not for streaming, it's precisely online video player like Youtube or
>> Vimeo. So now I think I need to use HTTP, is this a right option for
>> this purpose?
>
> What's the difference between "streaming" and an "online video player
> like YouTube" for you?
>
> But most likely some HTTP based protocol is the better solution for you
> then, especially if you want to be able to use it in web browsers. Take
> a look at what those websites you mentioned are doing to get ideas, but
> basically you'll need multiple different protocols and codec/container
> combinations as there's no common format between browsers currently.
> What is best depends on your target audience and if you can expect them
> to run proper, up to date web browsers.
>
> --
> Sebastian Dröge, Centricular Ltd · http://www.centricular.com

> signature.asc (968 bytes)
> <http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/attachment/4675183/0/signature.asc>

No, this is will be application on the server and client side(without
web-browsers). And the main problem is that via RTSP only one video/stream
per port will be available(one port - one stream). Maybe HTTP based gst
plugins also have this problem(I have not yet check it). But HTTP based
video-sharing services(like Youtube) using only one port for all clients and
videos. Sorry, if I didn't make it clear before. And I need your help in
choosing of protocol again, because mistake maybe will be appeared too late
:)
Thank you in advance.